This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

System Requirement

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM
What kind of system requirement is required for development ? Also, what is the status of this project ? Thank you.
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The minimum requirements are .Net framework version 4.0, full install, though I expect that the source code would work under 3.5 if recompiled. That's it.
Of course I would suggest you add in Visual Studio, R#, the VS Power tools and other common dev tools to make your life so much more enjoyable. :)

If you have specific questions though feel free to ask. This question is a bit broad in scope and I gather you have some specifics in mind. In addition, Common Contracts is a suite of libraries implementing various Oasis protocols and API specifications in WCF so each component could in theory have its own sub requirements (though at this time nothing worth noting).

The project is under active development (mainly focused on the WS-Eventing spec curently) and as always, looking for contributors [hint hint] ;)

The releases are intended to have a dual purpose

1. to provide implementations of common protocols for important infrastructure used to move service implementations (hopefully) beyond simple RPC style APIs we see far too often currently.

2. to make people in the .Net space aware of many of these common protocols in the first place. :) You'd be suprised at how many times something like a pub sub protocol gets reinvented as the square wheel.